Connect with us

News

I Might not Be Alive to Contest in 2027 – NDC Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi

Published

on

Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress for the 2027 general election, has claimed that persistent intimidation and alleged government interference could prevent him from contesting the next presidential poll, saying there was even a possibility he might not be alive by then.

Obi made the remarks during an interview on With Chude, hosted by media personality Chude Jideonwo, with excerpts of the conversation shared on X on Wednesday.

When asked whether there was a possibility he might not emerge as a candidate in the 2027 election, the former Anambra State governor said the issue went beyond politics.

“Not even a candidate. I might not even be alive. I’m telling you,” Obi said.

He alleged that the current administration had consistently frustrated his activities, claiming that virtually everything he attempted to do had been deliberately obstructed.

“Every single thing I do for a living, this government is frustrating it. Deliberately so. Everything. So, there is even a possibility, if they have the opportunity, I will not be alive,” he added.

Although Obi stopped short of making a direct accusation against any individual or institution, he insisted that the pattern of events pointed to deliberate interference.

“It’s not an accusation. I know. I get frustration every day. Because you do things that you think would be normal—it is not normal anymore.

“They won’t come directly and say, ‘Oh, we’re doing this,’ but you can see their hand in virtually everything,” he said.

Obi further alleged that the pressure was not limited to him but extended to other opposition politicians across the country.

“They are attacking everybody who is in opposition personally. I am being attacked personally. Everything. Even to provide me with necessary things that I should have been entitled to, not at all,” he said.

Recalling one of the incidents he described as harassment, Obi claimed airport officials once locked his vehicle while allowing other cars parked in the same area to remain untouched.

According to him, he identified himself to the officials, but the officer in charge allegedly ignored him despite other vehicles being left undisturbed.

The former Labour Party presidential candidate also alleged that some of his acquaintances had become reluctant to greet him in public for fear of being associated with him.

“I see people I know at the airport; they will not greet me because they are fearing that if they greet me…” he said.

He added that some supporters had even asked him not to attend family celebrations, including weddings, because of concerns that his presence could attract unwanted attention.

Obi, however, did not provide evidence to substantiate the allegations during the interview.

As of the time of filing this report, the Federal Government had not issued any official response to the claims.

Nelly Agwu is an educationist, a journalist, a Blogger, graduate of History. Very dynamic and a realist. A mouthpiece of the oppressed. Easy going and a Philanthropist.

GPBN Association

Trending